Saturday, March 14, 2015

Saturday South of Nashville

It's been a long time since we've gone on a day road trip by 5:30 a.m. but we did it this morning!  We drove up to Spring Hill, TN to watch Ben's ensemble rehearsal first thing, and then the Music City Mystique performance at 1:00 (with coffee and biscuit in-between!).

The show gets better each weekend...I just saw it two weeks ago and they've changed things even since then!  Unfortunately, the electronics messed up and never got connected, which meant that a lot of the cool sounds were missed.  But the audience still loved the show.  I could watch it all day long.

After the kids loaded the equipment onto the truck, we were able to take Ben for a late lunch.  Ben went back for rehearsal til about 10 tonight.  They'll finish rehearsing Sunday morning for about 5 hours.  After lunch, we were back on the road to get back home around 5:30.  A good day!

Plans are still set for this coming week.  Tuesday morning, we meet with Dr. Nabell.  As of Friday, we hadn't gotten the results of the frozen slice of the tumor, so maybe Tuesday we'll know more about that.  

Kirklin Clinic called me to let me know that they didn't have an earlier time for the next biopsy, so Wednesday morning it is.  They've been good about calling to verify that I have the info, and I also got a letter of "information for the day of your procedure."

Fortunately, Bill doesn't have playing duties on Wednesday, and he can get someone to cover his management duties.  We'll get to the North Pavilion at UAB hospital by 6:00 a.m.  The note says to allow 6-8 hours total from time of arrival to time of discharge.  That's a long day!

That's all I know for now.  I'll leave you with two readings that I found this week - one was sent to me by a friend in my Bible study group, and the other was posted on FB.



Peace out!
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment